Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lightened up

I've had this little dark wooden cabinet for as long as I can remember.  It has been all over the place...as a nightstand...a bookshelf...in the garage, etc.  I am not sure why I have never parted with it. Maybe it's because I knew it had potential and could be really cute with some paint and a little attention.  


Currently it is being used at the end of our kitchen peninsula as a perfect home for onions, potatoes, and a vintage kitchen scale.  This also happens to be the first thing you see down the hallway when coming in our front door.  

In keeping with my goal of brightening up this home, I decided it was time to do the same for this little bookshelf.

After a little sanding with a hand sander,  some Alabaster white paint, a little more sanding, and a coat of Johnson Paste Wax it looks completely different.


 Much much nicer.  I am not sure why I waited so long to do this, but I am so glad I finally did.

One little project down....many more to go!  Feels good to get something done, even if it's small.  You can see the lovely state of our unfinished floors.  The hardwood flooring process has begun, but progress is slow.  So for now I will be happy with this little kitchen improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment