Monday, April 6, 2015

Favorite Finds

Sorry for the delay in posting!  I took a small trip to Boca Raton, Florida to visit a friend of mine and had so much to catch up on once I got home!  I have never gone so far from home without my family so I was quite nervous.  It was a much needed getaway from my normal routine which can sometimes overwhelm me. I love being home, being with my kids, and working on the multitude of household projects, but I really need a change of scenery now and then...a break from having so much to do. This was a time to recharge and get refreshed and all I can say is it went way too fast!
 

My friend, Teresa, is one of my favorite people.  Like me, she loves to eat healthy plant-based foods so we headed to some of her favorite places for juices, raw pizza and raw ice cream.  So good!!
We made green smoothies, raw fudge, and tried some Kombucha from Whole Foods.  I have never had Kombucha but have to say it was pretty interesting.  It's been on my list to try making it, but I haven't gotten around to it just yet.  Of course, we walked on the beach and relaxed by the pool a little too.

It was a refreshing, much-needed break with warm sunny weather and a great friend!  Perfect!

I wanted to share one of my favorite places that I like to shop around home.  It's called Georgie Emerson Vintage in Canal Winchester.  The owner is a sweet lady and the shop is full of vintage, industrial, shabby goodness.


She has a rack of clothing and I have found some of my favorite tops there over the years.  This time I happened to find three plus a silky scarf.  I love having special shops like this not too far away.  I tell my husband I need some "therapy" and off I go!  Just walking in to shops like this causes me to take a deep breath and unwind!  Everyone needs a place like this.  HappyMonday!

No comments:

Post a Comment