Thursday, March 5, 2015

Winter Wonder White

Looking outside today all I can see is white.  It snowed all night here last night...on top of what we got earlier in the week and the week before that.  It is beautiful, but I am secretly hoping this is the last of the snow for the season.



I love white.  I love soft whites and brighter whites, but I think I am most comfortable living in softer whites.  I am in the process of choosing a white paint color for the main parts of our home and it is a big challenge.  I had a white that I loved in our old home, Dove White from Valspar, but it doesn't look the same in this house.  There is less natural light which changes everything.

This is a corner of my dining room.  There used to be wall paper in here and now it is just a dingy left over color. This picture isn't the best due to the wall color and the lack of light, but you can get an idea of what's going on.




I am trying samples.  My walls look like I let my kids loose to experiment with cans of paint!  I want to get it right and find that perfect soft white that has a touch of cream but not too much.  I want to find one that isn't too stark and doesn't grey out on me and look drab.  I know I should just pick one and be done with it, but that doesn't seem to happen with me.  I think I over think it. My husband probably thinks that too.  Fortunately, he is pretty patient with the paint color conversations that go on around here...at least most of the time.  And there are quite a few of them.  My oldest son gets a strange far off look in his eyes when I start to ask him paint questions.  Not good.  I need to get it settled for everyone's sake.

If anyone has a white paint color that they really like I would love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment